LIVEFTA VIP
 ***SUPPORT LIVEFTA, DONATE TODAY!***

Thread: Setting up a viewsat Ultra

Thanks

Setting up a viewsat Ultra

I am quite new to FTA but I have been using a pansat 2500a for a little while and I know how to download and load bin files onto it and update keys etc but I will be getting a viewsat Ultra next week. How do I set it up initially? Do I just load the latest bin onto it to open it up to all the usual 110 and 119 channels or is there something else I have to do before loading the bin file? When I got the Pansat it had already been hacked to receive all channels! Thanks.

Snake Champion!
    Thanks
    Hi, welcome to LiveFTA

First of all you would need to do is to check if your ViewSat Ultra is working, to do this just hook it up and check all the menus..etc

Then load the latest Factory bin (v119) from the Ultra files section. Then load the latest bin.

Then the usual dish antenna settings and scan.
    Help LiveFTA Stay Online, Donate today by Clicking Here

The information and files on this website are only available for system testing purposes.
    LiveFTA will not be held responsible for any damage that occurs to your equipment.
    Use the information available to test at your own risk. You cannot use the information to decode or watch any TV Channel.
    All files posted are for informational purposes only. The staff (admin and mods) are not responsible of what you do with that information.

Thanks
    OK great, thanks for your help.

Thanks
    No need to load the factory bin as it comes with the factory in already installed. Just load the latest bin file should work. But as MTL said make sure the receiver is working first.

Thanks
    roddy, keep in mind that this is not like the pansat and is different from a viewsat. when you do the download on the viewsat, you have to start the download and then turn on the receiver from the back. remember the pansat you turned on first then started the download.

hope this helps.

de3

Thanks
    Hi,
    I'm looking for v119. Does anyone know where I may find it?
    Last edited by wizard03; 06-05-2007 at 04:22 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roddy View Post
    I am quite new to FTA but I have been using a pansat 2500a for a little while and I know how to download and load bin files onto it and update keys etc but I will be getting a viewsat Ultra next week. How do I set it up initially? Do I just load the latest bin onto it to open it up to all the usual 110 and 119 channels or is there something else I have to do before loading the bin file? When I got the Pansat it had already been hacked to receive all channels! Thanks.
    if you follow the ins. you should not have any problems. just look over the varous guides provided in the viewsat section. if you need anything just ask and we will be glad to help.
    PLEASE STARTYOUR OWN THREAD FOR HELP IN THE AREA FOR YOUR BRAND OF RECEIVER

Check this thread for up to date info. on ViewSat clones.
    http://www.livefta.com/forums/viewsa...at-clones.html

All information provided by Live FTA shall be used for testing only. FTA is not a way to get free T.V. : FTA is a hobby and should be treated as one. Thank you to all members, Live FTA is a great site because of it's great members.